Dear Members & Guests;
Due to the enhanced public health measures and mandatory restrictions announced by the Alberta Government; we have received confirmation on how these measures apply to the golf industry. The new protocols coming into effect on Sunday, May 9th at 11:59 pm. As you should already be aware, golf is included in the outdoor sports and recreation protocols limiting participation to members of the same household; or if living alone, to two close contacts.
Masks are mandatory inside the pro-shop and members are asked to only come inside if absolutely necessary. Do not show up any earlier than 10 minutes prior to your tee time. No walk-ons will be allowed. Due to these restrictions we ask you to book your tee times as far in advance as possible to avoid frustration when booking a tee time.
Men’s and Ladies Leagues
League nights will be put on hold until restrictions are lightened. We apologize for the inconvenience but we are required to follow Alberta Health and Safety rules in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19.
To our understanding, the following should be followed when booking tee times:
- Each tee time must only be populated with members from the same household or a person who lives alone with their designated two close contacts.
- Many groups will be twosomes (couples from same household) or threesomes (single with two close contacts).
- Some families will be able to fill out a foursome.
- Some singles who do not live alone, will play as singles.
- In other words, single golfers living alone can designate up to two other single
- golfers who live alone or a single golfer living alone can designate two golfers of one
- other household to play with.
With the recent announcements based on surging case numbers, we are fortunate to have been provided with an opportunity to remain open for the enjoyment of all golfers. The industry's commitment to being responsible and ensuring protocols were put into place to maintain the safety and well-being of golfers were the key deciding factors in the industry being permitted to remain open.
We strongly urge everyone to continue to remain vigilant as the safety of staff and guests remains our utmost priority and we ask that all members and guests do their part to adhere to all AHS guidelines.